Wednesday, August 28, 2013

On an Evening in Florence



Its currently midnight on this beautiful night in Firenze, Italy. I have survived my first day! I'm writing at my desk in front of my bedroom window which overlooks the city--pictures just do not do this kind of beauty any justice! 

The past 48 hrs or so have been the longest hours of my life-- however my travels to Florence could not have gone any better! Between great seats on the plane, friendly people, and a safe & timely arrival I cannot complain one bit! I'm convinced my guardian angels were with me every step of the way.

I have already met some amazing people- local Florentines and American students at LdM. I met my 4 other roommates today Caroline, Melanie, Rachel & Victoria- they're all so sweet! After settling into our rooms (Oh and carrying 150+ lbs of luggage up 4 floors!) we took a much needed nap and then headed out for some vino. I had an amazing potato gnocchi dish-- that disappeared pretty quickly. A friendly local gave me a beautiful rose while we were sitting at dinner-- the italians sure know it's the little things that put a smile on someone's face. 

Tomorrow we are all heading to orientation for LdM students. I'm looking forward to learning more about what to expect regarding classes while in Florence. Sometimes I have to be reminded that I AM actually here for school- woops! I hope you all enjoy following along with my journey-- stay tuned! Ciao!







Sunrise over Paris this morning
The girls!
The digs
Bedroom view
Potato Gnocchi




4 comments:

  1. What an amazing day in your life, my Reggie!!! Now, your mother can sleep - buonanotte darlin' ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reggie - delighted to hear all is going well, you sound so adjusted - already!!! Your roomies look like lovely young ladies and your surroundings look quite nice. Was the sun rising or setting over Paris???Get some sleep tonite, you have a busy day tomorrow. Your blog & pixs are great, keep it up, as I look forward to the details...luv ya, Gram xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! So happy to hear that you arrived safe & sound. Let the adventure begin!! Pics are beautiful…I loved your comment on how you needed to remember that you’re there for school. I can see how easily it would be to forget and just get lost in those surroundings! :)

    ReplyDelete